Engineering company, Aklin Carbide, partners with 4most, an SAP Business One reseller, to implement SAP Business One and Eralis Job (formerly Enprise...
SAP Announces New Partner Solutions for SAP Business One
San Francisco, CA – Expanding its portfolio of partner-developed business management applications for small and midsize enterprises (SMEs), SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today announced 12 solutions from independent software vendors (ISVs) based on SAP Business One. The new solutions certified for integration with SAP Business One are being introduced as ISVs worldwide embrace the SAP PartnerEdge program for channel partners and collaborate with one another through SAP’s recently launched online channel partner solution network. The announcement was made at the SAP Business One Tech Summit, a gathering of ISVs from around the world, being held at the Mission Bay Conference Center in San Francisco, California, December 6 to 7.
About SAP Business One
Addressing a variety of critical business and vertical industry processes, the new solutions build upon the integrated financials, sales and service and manufacturing capabilities of SAP Business One. Offering built-in integration with SAP Business One, they allow small business owners to manage the entire company in a unified manner, without the costs and difficulties of connecting unrelated applications. The new solutions are among the first certified integrations under SAP’s expanded partner program, with an estimated 200 more in the pipeline from SAP ISV partners worldwide.
Seamless, Integrated Solution Extensions
Certified integration to SAP Business One helps ensure that partner developed applications connect seamlessly with the SAP solution, offering customers assurance of software effectiveness and compatibility. The initial partner solutions embed certified interfaces extending SAP Business One to help SMEs manage processes including:
- Manufacturing modules from beas (Germany)
- EDI and XML integration from Cindercone (United Kingdom)
- Job costing, bank interface and POS integration from Eralis Software (formerly Enprise Software) (New Zealand)
- eCommerce from epages GmbH (Germany)
- Data migration and integration from GEMS Inc. (United States)
- Radio frequency identification (RFID) and automatic data collection from Intermec (United States)
- Document management from INVU (United Kingdom)
- Solution integration and performance management from Magic Software Enterprises (Israel)
- Project management, controlling and invoicing from Maringo (Germany)
- Manufacturing modules including capacity planning, inventory management and shop floor control from N’ware Technologies Inc. (Canada)
- Internet sales and customer relationship management from Praxis Software Solutions (United States)
- Warehouse management with Radio Beacon (Canada)
- Logistics from Swisslog (Switzerland)
- Professional services automation and time and billing from Tenrox (United States)
- Inventory, spare parts and finished goods planning and optimization from Valogix, Inc. (United States)
“Where other vendors have largely left ISVs to fend for themselves, SAP has taken a more considered and supportive approach in recognizing the role of ISV partners and adopting a ‘solution stack’ approach for SAP Business One,” said Remo Brunschwiler, CEO of Swisslog. “This business model matches perfectly with our strategy to offer standard logistics solutions for small and medium-sized businesses with our Warehouse One solution.”
Partners Collaborate, Thrive in Channel Partner Solution Network
Since going live in September, the SAP PartnerEdge channel partner solution network includes more than 1,400 registered users, representing more than 35 countries. ISV partners are using the online site to share ideas on customer issues and solution extensions, develop partnerships on new offerings and provide an overall outlet for peer feedback and support. Because the partners are free to interact and collaborate on the site without mediation or interference by SAP, the network is unique in the marketplace, created with partner input and overseen by a committee of SAP partners.
“The online network gives us easy access and visibility into SAP’s global partner network and solution portfolio and the ability to interact in real-time with partners around the world,” said Dave Scott, global vice president of business strategy, Intermec Technologies Corp.
ISV Partners Gather at First SAP Business One Tech Summit
More than 200 ISV representatives are attending the first-ever SAP Business One Tech Summit this week in San Francisco. Delivering the keynote, SAP Executive Board Member and Head of Product Technology Shai Agassi outlined the vision and roadmap for SAP Business One and the key role that partners play in extending the solution.
“Our development philosophy for SAP Business One is to keep the core product simple, powerful and flexible enough for our partners to build upon and create additional, integrated capabilities that allow SMEs to manage key business and vertical industry processes,” said Agassi. “We are seeing strong traction as our partners leverage the certification process and tools we are building to support them with SAP PartnerEdge.”
Source: SAP Press Release